Buying a home is most people’s dream. But getting a mortgage can sometimes be a nightmare, especially if you’re a first-time home buyer. The process can be a royal pain in the neck, to say the least (trust me, I’ve been there), and there’s just so much misinformation floating around, it’s dizzying. What’s even worse is that most people don’t spend the time to do it right. In fact, research shows that people typically put more effort into shopping for a car or vacation than for a home loan.
That’s just crazy! Buying a home is the largest, most important purchase most people will make in their lives, and you’re telling me they focus more on booking a trip to the Bahamas? I mean, I get it, vacations are awesome, but c’mon, this is your hard-earned money we’re talking about here, people! This is a long-term investment and the roof you put over your family’s heads. I know you’re not looking to become an expert in mortgages, but I just ask that you give it the attention it deserves.
In any event, this is what MortgageHippo is all about: taking the pain out of the mortgage process so you can move on with your life, and, why not, even making it a little fun while we’re at it (after all, you should be excited about buying your home or refinancing into a better mortgage). How are we doing this, you ask? Great question. Here are just a few things you can expect from us:
- We’ll guide you through the entire mortgage process, each step at a time.
- We’ll block all the noise and misinformation about mortgages, giving you tons of free but very valuable information that can help you understand what you’re getting into.
- We’ll answer any questions you have. Just leave your comments or send us a message, and we’ll get back to you ASAP! We read every message.
- We’ll always give you our professional and unbiased opinion about mortgages and the best choices available to you.
- We’ll provide the best mortgage calculator and automated closing plan to make sure you understand exactly what you qualify for and how long you can expect to close in.
- Last but not least, we’ll try to make you laugh every now and then.
So make sure you subscribe and don’t miss out on all this valuable advice we plan on giving out to our loyal readers. Always honest. Always true. This is our pledge to you, folks, our very own Hippocratic Oath (pun completely intended). It’s a mortgage jungle out there, and we’re here to guide you. The only thing we ask in return is that you help us build and enrich this community by participating in our discussions and sharing your stories with all of us. Deal?
Your pal, Morty.
Like our content? You'll love our digital lending platform.Learn More